Food Safety Standards, IS 343:2007, ISO Standards Ireland
As a Food Business Operator (FBO) food safety legislation means your organisation must employ a food safety management system. Depending on your nature of your food business, product, services and customers, i.e. business to business or business to consumer, a number of options are available to you.
Industry led standards include Global Gap, IFS Food, BRC Food or ISO 22000:2018.
Retail organisations may apply less comprehensive solutions to legislative requirements – HACCP.
(Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Plan) is a systematic approach to identifying and controlling hazards in food businesses. Hazards may be microbiological, physical or chemical materials that could pose a danger to the preparation of safe food. As of from 1998 it has been a legal requirement in Ireland for all food businesses to have a food safety management system based on the principles of HACCP.
QMS Solutions design, develop and implement completeHACCP food safety management system, to include product traceability and recall and tailored to your specific business needs. QMS Solutions food safety management systems are designed and developed based on the requirements of industry standards, ISO 22000:2005, IFS Food, BRC Food, Global Gap and IS 343:2007 to ensure your compliance and industry conformance needs are achieved.
The main benefits of HACCP for your business include:
- Removes barriers to trade and enables industry.
- Via systematic control HACCP can prevent / reduce the likelihood of customer poisoning.
- Increased standards of food quality and safety.
- Your food business becomes compliant with the law.
- Can prove due diligence in the event of a court action.
- Your processes become structured and organised around food safety and quality standards.
- This structure promotes teamwork.
- Saves your business money in the long run