Public Procurement Tendering – Services
The public procurement process is designed to ensure the tax payer receives value for money when procuring services.
In order to preserve the integrity of public procurement process we at QMS solutions assist you in your tender submission process to ensure that you fully understand the systems requirements and to ensure the most accurate tender submission consistent with procurement acceptance criteria.
What is a Request for Tender?
A request for tender is a formal, structured invitation to suppliers for the supply of products or services. Submitting a tender is common practice for businesses supplying goods or services to other businesses / organisations or the public sector.
Benefits of Tendering for Suppliers
Identifying the Market
- Tender advertisements will be placed online in most instances
- On line directories can offer a more efficient route to the vast public sector market
- Public sector and government are encouraging more companies to source tenders and apply on line
- In the future practically all public sector tendering processes will be online
Why Tenders are Unsuccessful
- Late submission
- Incomplete submission
- Unsigned tender
- Samples requested supplied after the stipulated date
- Non compliance with ‘special conditions’
- Tenderer using his/her own alternative terms and conditions
- Variation from specification not indicated or inadequately explained
- Price quoted incorrectly / wrong currency
- Tender did not fulfil requirements of tender specification / terms of reference
- Tender did not meet mandatory requirements
- Tender was uncompetitive
The Three C’s to Success
Cost: Value for money / price
Compliance: Meeting the exact requirements of the tender and ensuring all forms completed and submitted as requested
Credibility: Can you deliver –
***************************** Be prepared – Be Committed & Be on Time **********************
QMS Solutions Service to you
QMS Solutions provide advice and assistance when submitting public procurement tenders to include a review of your proposed tender submission. We will highlight any areas for improvement in your proposed submission.
Tender responses will be assessed by considering the following: