Aerospace Quality Management, ISO Standards, ISO Certification Ireland
What is AS 9120?
The Standard is specific to distributors who carry aircraft components like, fasteners, electronics, gaskets, etc. It helps ensure that they handle the materials properly and track the part from original equipment manufacturer to customer. AS 9120 was developed for pass-through distributors of aerospace items and addresses chain of custody, traceability, control and availability of records.
Who does AS 9120 apply to?
The standard is applicable for organisations that resell, distribute, and warehouse parts found in aircraft and other aerospace components:
- ASA – Aviation Suppliers Association
- IDEA – Independent Distributors of Electronics Association
- ERAI – Electronic Resellers Association International
Benefits of AS 9120
- Certification to AS 9120 expands your market and improves your organisation.
- An opportunity for improved product quality, traceability and reduced risk.
- Aligns your company to the best practices of the aerospace industry
- Demonstrates that you can deliver quality products and services to your customers
- Elevates your quality management system to the global standard adopted by the aerospace industry
- Expands your customer base to include global aviation companies
Stages to Implementation
- Perform a Gap Analysis to determine what your existing QMS needs
- Document your system with a Quality Manual and Procedures
- Implement the new procedures
- Audit your system to make sure your procedures are being followed.
Steps to Certification
- Following initial quotation, an assessor will review your company’s product, processes, procedures, facilities, work environment and resources.
- Conduct an Initial Review and prepare a current state assessment and gap analysis. s
- Develop Draft Quality Policy, Objectives, Plans, Processes, Quality Programme, Procedures and Records as per AS 9120 to include applicable exceptions.
- Review and approve the above documentation with the client, as per agreed project approach.
- Handover / implementation of your Quality Management System
- Provide in-house training where appropriate.
- After a period of 3 months QMS Solutions will review the establishment of the Quality System and seek registration where appropriate.
- Follow-up audits and pre-audits are conducted on request in advance of the client’s annual independent audit.
QMS Solutions Service to you
QMS Solutions will design, develop, draft and implement your complete quality system in consultation with you. We will also provide in-house training on all aspects of your new quality system, tailored to your specific training needs and business requirements